Answer the following questions to determine if you might have moderate to severe periodontal disease.
- Do your gums bleed when you brush, floss, or eat?
- Do your teeth feel like they are moving?
- Are your gums receding?
- Do your teeth look longer?
- Do you have persistent bad breath?
- Does your bite feel different?
- Is it difficult for you to chew?
- Are your gums puffy or tender?
- Have you noticed any pus around your teeth?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above questions, you may want to consult a dentist. Gum, or periodontal, disease should be taken seriously, as it is an active infection in your mouth. The good news is your dentist and periodontist can treat and control this disease. Laser treatment is a new and revolutionary way. Don’t put it off; see your dental professional.